Tile decks in rustic San Juan Capistrano are a saintly pair. But, despite their gorgeous looks, they can easily chip, crack, split and worst of all – leaks and pooling water underneath! No problemo for Prestige Decking! You don’t have to ditch the tiles and lose you beautiful decking surface.
It’s true, tiles are muy bueño. But, they can be expensive in more than one way. But, el problemo real isn’t cost as much – as the grout. Like any other concrete based material, tiles seep water. If what’s underneath is not waterproof – grande problemo!
So, while you are enjoying the look and feel of your tiles, there could be pooling water underneath. Pooling water = no bueño. After a while, it causes dry rot in the wood sub-floor or structural beams. If that wasn’t bad enough, a deck repair with a tile underlay system does not allow for salvaging. You get nailed more than once – dos – to be exact!
AVM Industries has developed a solid system for underlaying waterproof tiles. See bajo for the basics (for those interested in the specs, go here). Prestige Decking is certified to install this excellent waterproofing solucion – fit for San Juan Capistrano’s aesthetic vibe.
1) Install a 6 inch wide membrane strip at deck perimeters, joints, cracks, sheet metals, drains, scuppers, posts, door ways, entry ways, etc.
2) Use a wider strip if the 6″ strip will not provide adequate waterproofing protection.
3) Install the AVM Membrane 700 to all the remaining surfaces with a minimum 2 inch overlap at the seams and completely overlapping the 6 inch strip
4) Next, protective coating (optional with the following exception: required when membrane is installed directly to plywood substrates).
5) Protective layer: apply the AVM Crete 6700 over the cured membrane 700 at least 1/8 of an inch thick. Now, your waterproof tile underlay system is complete!
Each customer has specific individual needs, so we use eco-friendly tiles. In addition, we offer 10 year warranties on most systems. With over a decade of on-the-site experience and experimentation to boast, we are the right Orange County local choice for all your deck waterproofing needs!
Give us a call today to set up a free onsite estimate! See for yourselves if waterproof tiles are right for you!
Watch this video to see the AVM 700 waterproofing system in action.
Prestige Deck Coating 26941 Avenida Las Palmas Suite A 949-491-4880 (OFFICE) 949-281-3760 (FAX) email@example.com www.prestigedecking.com