There are a number of ways to waterproof plywood decking. You can stain and use some sort of sealant. You can try to seal the deck by covering it with waterproof paint. Both of these methods have their weaknesses. Neither can really guarantee a waterproof seal, and neither lasts very long. Yearly maintenance is required, at least.
We at Prestige Deck Coating Ca suggest a more reliable and lasting solution.
Waterproof Plywood Decking
Plywood decking is functional, but not fashionable.
Prestige Decking can change that dilemma for you. Our Crete waterproof deck coatings system allows you to keep you plywood deck and add some flair. Our five layer waterproofing membrane is guaranteed to seal your deck. Best of all, it goes right over the top of your pre-existing decking. We even perform deck repair on compromised plywood decking.
Waterproofing plywood decking is as easy as 1,2,3,4,5!
Prep. We repair any soft spots or damaged parts of the plywood decking using 3/4 inc plywood sheeting. Then we are ready to install our custom system over the top of the plywood substrate foundation. Deck flashing is installed along the perimeter to insure against water penetration. Next, we staple down 24 gauge metal lathe to strengthen the foundation, provide some flex and provide a bonding agent for our next layer.
1) Our first layer of the system is polymer modified concrete. It gives a rock solid “sidewalk” for your deck!
2) We then “sandwich the sidewalk” with a fiberglass/bonder layer to completely waterproof the deck.
3) To add one more layer of stability, we finish the sandwich with the top bun, another skim coat of polymer modified concrete.
4) We then use a pneumatic hopper gun to spray a beautiful patten of concrete non-slip coating. This is also called the texture coat.
5) Finally, your choice of color adds that touch of flair to your one drab plywood decking. Two coats of concrete fortified paint sealer finalize the deck waterproofing system.
We guarantee that your plywood deck will not pool or leak for 10 years! Each of our supervisors have over 30+ year experience in the industry. We use only the highest quality, eco-friendly materials. Prestige Deck Coating Ca is your solution to drab and damaged plywood decking.