The crew at Prestige headed out to Newport Beach in December 2021 to tackle the problem of a severely damaged deck. Renewing decks is what we do. You get better than new with Prestige Deck Coating.
As you can see from the picture, this balcony structure was in sorry shape. Our skilled waterproofing experts can repair or completely replace any structural damage. This is key, because renewing decks right consists of a solid foundation. Due to the wood rot, this deck needed a full rebuild of its railing and glass. Lastly, and most importantly, the key of renewing decks like this is our time tested 6 level waterproofing system.
The damage was so invasive that we had to replace certain portions of the framing. In addition, we treated the wood to inhibit mold and water seepage. This included removing and replacing the plywood over the structural beams. We secured the new plywood sheets to insure a solid flooring for the next steps of our deck coating system.
Next, we removed the glass railing and rebuilt the posts. This set the stage for our custom 6 level deck waterproofing system. Our Crete System is where our ability for renewing decks shines. Here is a breakdown:
- Metal lathe. This level is for strengthening of the sub-floor and flex.
- Polymer modified concrete. Providing strength and rigidity to the deck surface, this prepares for the most important part of the system.
- Fiberglass and resin (see photo). Our fiberglass layer sets us apart from other systems. As you would imagine, this makes the decking waterproof. This is why we do what we do.
- Skim coat of concrete (see photo). This goes directly over the fiberglass layer. This “sandwich” provides a seal and strength.
- Texture coat. Choose your type of texture, for grip and aesthetics.
- Concrete fortified paint sealer. We apply two coats of waterproof paint to seal the deal.
Renewing decks right means all of these things. Hire a company that does not skip these steps and you will have decking that last for years. With Prestige, you even have the option to purchase a ten-year warranty. Call us today for a free onsite estimate!
Check out some of our deck remodeling projects!
Prestige Deck Coating 26941 Avenida Las Palmas Suite A 949-491-4880 (OFFICE) 949-281-3760 (FAX) email@example.com www.prestigedecking.com