Do you want a classy looking waterproof deck? Perhaps you should look into the AVM tile underlay system. What is tile underlay system, you might ask? Prestige Decking can help alleviate the confusion and provide a solution!
Riverside Tile Underlay
Indeed, tiled decks are aesthetically pleasing. Yet, they can be expensive in more than one way. But, the problem isn’t cost as much as the grout. Like any other concrete based material, tile deck grout seeps water. If what’s underneath is not waterproof – grande problemo.
So, while you are enjoying the look and feel of your tile, underneath there could be pooling water. Pooling water = malo. After a while, it causes dry rot in the wood sub-floor or structural beams. If that wasn’t bad enough, oftentimes a deck repair with a tile underlay does not allow for salvaging. You get zapped twice – double malos – aye yie yie!
AVM Tile Underlay System
AVM Industries has developed a solid system for waterproof tile underlay. Below are their basic steps (for the specs, go here). Prestige Decking is certified to install this excellent waterproofing solution. In fact, we recently traveled to Riverside County, CA and installed a large beautiful tile system (check the images on the left).
1) Install a 6 inch wide membrane strip at deck perimeters, joints, cracks, sheet metals, drains, scuppers, posts, door ways, entry ways, etc.
2) Use a wider strip if the 6″ strip will not provide adequate waterproofing protection.
3) Install the AVM Membrane 700 to all the remaining surfaces with a minimum 2 inch overlap at the seams and completely overlapping the 6 inch strip
4) Next, protective coating (optional with the following exception: required when membrane is installed directly to plywood substrates).
5) Protective layer: apply the AVM Crete 6700 over the cured membrane 700 at least 1/8 of an inch thick. Now, your waterproof tile underlay system is complete!
It is our pleasure to work with each customer individually. We use eco-friendly products. Not only that, but we offer 10 year warranties on most systems. With over a decade of on-the-site experience and experimental concoctions to boot, we are the sure OC local choice for all your deck waterproofing needs!
Call us today for a free onsite estimate! Don’t hesitate to see if the AVM waterproof tile underlay system is right for you!
Watch this video to see the AVM 700 waterproofing system in action.
Prestige Deck Coating 26941 Avenida Las Palmas Suite A 949-491-4880 (OFFICE) 949-281-3760 (FAX) email@example.com www.prestigedecking.com